5:30 PM - 8:00 PM Boys JV/Varsity Basketball @ Independence HS
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Stop the Hate Basketball Game - MS
12:00 PM - 4:00 PM G-Men Classic @ Skylane Bowling (Garrettsville)
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM Girls JV/Varsity Basketball @ Kirtland HS
9:00 AM - 2:00 PM Black and Gold Tournament (V/JV) @ Rollhouse of Parma (Parma)
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM MLK Day - No School
10:00 AM - 2:00 PM Brush Arc Invitational @ Rollhouse (Wickliffe)
12:20 PM - 1:30 PM MS Volleyball Event (During C Block Only)
4:30 PM - 6:30 PM Girls 7th/8th Basketball @ Brooklyn MS
5:30 PM - 8:00 PM Boys JV/Varsity Basketball vs Kirtland HS
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Girls JV/Varsity Basketball vs Cardinal HS
January 23, 2020
5:00 PM - 6:15 PM Girls Varsity Basketball Home Game vs. Richmond Hts. (R/S from 1-16-20)
January 24, 2020
5:30 PM - 8:00 PM Boys JV/Varsity Basketball vs Lutheran West HS
More about the Academic Programs at FHEVS
Learn more about our academic programs available at Fairport!
- College Credit Plus (CCP)
- Read more about this option here. (This will take you to Ohio Department of Education)
- Auburn Career Center
- Our district goal is for every student to graduate with either their Associate’s degree or skills certificate.
- Fairport is the only school in the area to have sophomores earning college credits and technical certifications at Auburn Career Center.
- 20/20 College Visits
- The Top 20 sophomores and top 20 juniors will have the opportunity to visit several colleges every year.
- This overnight trip is free to the students.
- Itinerary changes annually, however students have visited University of Toledo, Tiffin, Ohio State University, Finley, and Mount Union.
- Middle School Travel
- Overnight trips are available for a fee.
- Some destinations have included: Washington DC, New York City- NY, Toronto-Canada, Columbus- OH
- Summer Bridge Programs
- Fairport schools partner with Lake Metroparks to provide opportunities for students during the summer months.
- Positive Behavior Incentives & Support Programs
- National Honor Society
- The program is open to all Juniors and Seniors maintaining a 3.0 GPA and have accomplished good Leadership, Scholarship, Service and Citizenship skills during the high school years.
Useful Links for Students and Parents:
On January 27 & 28, Prevention/Intervention Services (LifeAct) will be coming in to present to our students on stress management, depression awareness, and suicide prevention. The assemblies will be broken down by grade level:
A block-grade 6
B block-grade 7
D block-open time for individualized attention as needed
A block-grade 9
B block-grade 10
C block-grade 11/12
D block- open time for individualized attention as needed
Blood Drive at Harding High School
9 AM to 2:00 PM
Staff will greet you at the student entrance/gym door.
Contact Jerry Hites at JHites@fhevs.org or Principal Rumbarger at KRumbarger@fhevs.org for more information.
The players of the Fairport Skippers Girls’ Basketball Team are hosting a HOOPING FOR THE CURE SHOOT-A-THON on Friday, January 31, 2020. Each participant will shoot 100 free-throws, counting each made shot toward their individual total. As a sponsor, you may pledge an amount per shot made or a lump-sum donation. With your generous pledge, the players will be working toward raising funds for Liver Cancer Awareness and Liver Transplant Awareness. Pledges and lump-sum donations will be collected directly after the event.
All proceeds will go to this year’s recipient, Sally Hribar. Thank you for your generous donation and for your support of the Fairport Skippers Girls’ Basketball Team!
MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO MCKINLEY P.T.O.
Click to see more and to print the sponsor sheet.
Click here to get link to order T-shirts and apparel
November 4, 2019
November 5, 2019
December 20, 2019
January 13, 2019
February 14, 2020
April 9, 2020
Teacher work days-Students do not report to Fairport
Welcome to the 2019/20 school year! We are fortunate that numerous travel opportunities are made available to students in grades 6-8. This year's trip for students will be to Washington DC, May 13-15, 2020. This three day/two night trip will be $460. Any interested student will be required to submit a NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT of $120 NO LATER THAN September 24, 2019. After the initial deposit, four payments of $85 will be due October 22, November 19, January 14 and February 11. Checks can be made payable to the Fairport Harbor Board of Education and submitted to the high school office. If at any time you have any questions, please contact me by email at email@example.com.
Please sign up to receive updates and alerts regarding travel this year by texting @fhdc2020 to 81010
***a few seats remain contact Michelle Jurick for more information*** 1/8/2020
Jesse Srpan, a 2009 Auburn welding graduate and owner
of Raw Iron Choppers, is offering the first-ever back to
back weekend TIG welding motorsports class!
Learn professional TIG welding skills and fabrication techniques from tube bending/frame building, sheet metal work and exhaust fabrication.
Saturday, February 8 & February 22
9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
We ask that you arrive no later than 8:30
COST: $300 Per Student
Students will need to wear work boots, long pants
and long sleeves. Students also need to bring a welding helmet and
welding gloves and safety glasses.
Note: This class is geared to the home welder up to the experienced welder.
No School today in celebration of Presidents' Day!