April 1, 2019
7:30 AM - 3:05 PM No School for Students - Teacher Work Day
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Academic Booster Meeting
April 2, 2019
2:30 PM - 5:00 PM Spring Sports Picture Day
3:05 PM - 4:05 PM Math After School Tutoring
April 3, 2019
3:05 PM - 4:00 PM English After School Tutoring
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM Athletic Boosters Meeting
April 4, 2019
3:05 PM - 4:05 PM Math After School Tutoring
April 6, 2019
9:30 AM - 5:00 PM Craft Show Fpt Dance Academy
12:00 PM - 4:00 PM Food & Clothing Drive
April 8, 2019
8:00 AM - 3:00 PM EOC ELA 6
More about the Academic Programs at FHEVS
Learn more about our academic programs available at Fairport!
- Auburn Career Center
- Our district goal is for every student to graduate with either their Associate’s degree or skills certificate.
- Fairport is the only school in the area to have sophomores earning college credits and technical certifications at Auburn Career Center.
- 20/20 College Visits
- The Top 20 sophomores and top 20 juniors will have the opportunity to visit several colleges every year.
- This overnight trip is free to the students.
- In 2016-2017, our students visited University of Toledo, Tiffin, Ohio State University, Finley, and Mount Union this past year on our annual "20/20 Trip"
- Middle School Travel
- Overnight trips are available for a fee. Fundraising opportunities are coordinated through the district.
- For the 2016-2017 school year, grades 6-9 students travelled to Washington, D.C.
- Here was their Washington, D.C. Trip Itinerary.
- 5th Grade Outdoor Education Camp
- Read more about 5th Grade Camp here. Overnight camp is funded through class fundraisers. The purpose of the Outdoor Education Camp is to provide a variety of experiences in many different subject areas. The outdoors is a vast laboratory where many of the facts, skills and ideas we have learned in school are practiced. Students will learn more about their individuality, their peers, their teachers, and the world in which they live.
- Summer Bridge Programs
- Fairport schools partner with Lake Metroparks to provide opportunities for students during the summer months.
- Summer “school” opportunities
- Positive Behavior Incentives & Support Programs
- National Honor Society
- The program is open to all Juniors and Seniors maintaining a 3.0 GPA and have accomplished good Leadership, Scholarship, Service and Citizenship skills during the high school years.
Useful Links for Students and Parents:
7th Grade youth boating program- Spirit of America
Hosted in Fairport Harbor with LAKE Metro Parks.
This program is FREE IF YOU REGISTER BY 4/15/2019!!!
Click image to print form or ask in the Harding Office.
Take a look at the Just Run 2019 Information Packet for details regarding registration, practice dates & times, race day information, Remind App Code. This program is open to kids in grade Pk to 12. Service hours will be granted to high school students who help at McKinley Elementary with practice sessions.
Click for more info!
Attention Students in Grades 6-12:
Fairport Harding High School has been invited to attend a Lake Erie College Lacrosse Game on April 3. The game starts at noon and will be played at Jack Britt Stadium in Painesville, Ohio. All students who earn this event will need to pack a lunch, we will depart at 11:30 am and return by about 2:30 pm. It is free to attend the game.
In order to attend the Lake Erie College Lacrosse Game on Wednesday, April 3, students must not have any of the following for the month of March:
No missing assignments as of March 20th (teachers will verify)
No suspensions starting March 6, 2019
No Saturday School Detentions
Begin working hard to complete any missing work so that you can attend this fun event at Lake Erie!! Show your dedication to your school work so you can go! We want everyone to attend.
Spring break is March 23-March 31. There is no school on April 1. It is a teacher work day. You will need to get your permission slip in before Spring Break.
Mrs. Prosser - 6th grade
Ms. Macko - 7th grade
Mrs. Knight - 8th grade
Mr. Cardina - 9th grade
Grades 10-12 - Turn in to Mrs. Knight
*Click for link to permission slip*
Be prepared, have a good breakfast, be on time to school.
Testing Schedule for End of Course Exams
April 8- ELA 6
April 9- ELA 7
April 10- ELA 8
April 11- ENG 1
April 12- Eng 2
April 15- Make ups
April 16- Make ups
April 25- Math 6
April 26- Math 7
April 29- ALG 1
April 30- Government
May 1- Biology
May 2- American History
May 3- Geometry
May 6- Science 8
May 7- Math 8
May 9- Make ups
Parents should attend the NYC Travel meeting on April 17, 2019, in the Harding Auditorium at 7:00 PM. Rick from R&E tours will be discussing travel rules, student expectations and answering any questions from parents or students.
If you miss the parent meeting please contact Michelle Jurick the travel coordinator at MJurick@FHEVS.org
No School 4/19 through 4/22.
Classes resume 4/23.
District Wide (Harding & McKinley)