9:00 AM - 10:30 AM McKinley Elementary Concert Dress Rehearsal
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Parent Advisory Council
4:30 PM MS Boys BBall Home vs. Geneva
4:30 PM - 6:00 PM Freshman Boys Basketball Game Vs. Wickliffe
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM Winter Concert - 5th Grade
More about the Academic Programs at FHEVS
Learn more about our academic programs available at Fairport!
- Auburn Career Center
- Our district goal is for every student to graduate with either their Associate’s degree or skills certificate.
- Fairport is the only school in the area to have sophomores earning college credits and technical certifications at Auburn Career Center.
- 20/20 College Visits
- The Top 20 sophomores and top 20 juniors will have the opportunity to visit several colleges every year.
- This overnight trip is free to the students.
- In 2016-2017, our students visited University of Toledo, Tiffin, Ohio State University, Finley, and Mount Union this past year on our annual "20/20 Trip"
- Middle School Travel
- Overnight trips are available for a fee. Fundraising opportunities are coordinated through the district.
- For the 2016-2017 school year, grades 6-9 students travelled to Washington, D.C.
- Here was their Washington, D.C. Trip Itinerary.
- 5th Grade Outdoor Education Camp
- Read more about 5th Grade Camp here. Overnight camp is funded through class fundraisers. The purpose of the Outdoor Education Camp is to provide a variety of experiences in many different subject areas. The outdoors is a vast laboratory where many of the facts, skills and ideas we have learned in school are practiced. Students will learn more about their individuality, their peers, their teachers, and the world in which they live.
- Summer Bridge Programs
- Fairport schools partner with Lake Metroparks to provide opportunities for students during the summer months.
- Summer “school” opportunities
- Positive Behavior Incentives & Support Programs
- National Honor Society
- The program is open to all Juniors and Seniors maintaining a 3.0 GPA and have accomplished good Leadership, Scholarship, Service and Citizenship skills during the high school years.
Useful Links for Students and Parents:
What? Principal Advisory Council is comprised of parent representatives from each school. They meet with the principals and other district staff on a monthly basis during the school year to discuss a variety of topics, share information and broaden understanding of school-related issues.
Where? Fairport Harbor Public Library
When? Monthly - Next Meeting: December 18, 2017 @ 6 pm
-Identify common needs and goals among the parents of students enrolled in Fairport Harbor School and facilitate strategies to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of their respective school’s parent organizations.
-Provide the principals with feedback and insight from the parent’s perspective
-Bring to the principal’s attention existing and emerging issues expressed by parents at the school they represent.
-Serve as an advisory, not a decision-making body, that makes recommendations, encourages brainstorming and provides opportunities for parent involvement on committees and task forces.
-Facilitate communication between and among the parents and parent organizations from different district schools
-Serve as a forum for sharing innovations and best practices from around the district.
Bring in your donations during the month of December - 2017
Donations are being collected!
Socks * Gloves * Pillows * Hair Products
Childrens clothes – Baby * Toddler (all sizes)
Board Games * Toiletry * Deodorant
Toothpaste/Brushes * Nail Remover
Cleaning Supplies * Toys * Snacks
Drop off (new) items to Mrs. Jurick
Items will be collected through Jan 5, 2018
Update: Please plan to donate any of the above items during Harbor Holidays! There will be a special table for donations in the hallway as you enter the main gym!
Please join us for Shadowing Day on Feb. 2, 2018.
Please RSVP to the Fairport Harbor Board of Education Office by Jan. 26, 2018.
Parents are welcome before and after school to attend an informational meeting about Fairport Harbor Schools.
We hope you will join us!