5:30 PM - 8:00 PM Boys JV/Varsity Basketball @ Independence HS
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Stop the Hate Basketball Game - MS
12:00 PM - 4:00 PM G-Men Classic @ Skylane Bowling (Garrettsville)
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM Girls JV/Varsity Basketball @ Kirtland HS
9:00 AM - 2:00 PM Black and Gold Tournament (V/JV) @ Rollhouse of Parma (Parma)
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM MLK Day - No School
10:00 AM - 2:00 PM Brush Arc Invitational @ Rollhouse (Wickliffe)
12:20 PM - 1:30 PM MS Volleyball Event (During C Block Only)
4:30 PM - 6:30 PM Girls 7th/8th Basketball @ Brooklyn MS
5:30 PM - 8:00 PM Boys JV/Varsity Basketball vs Kirtland HS
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Girls JV/Varsity Basketball vs Cardinal HS
January 23, 2020
5:00 PM - 6:15 PM Girls Varsity Basketball Home Game vs. Richmond Hts. (R/S from 1-16-20)
January 24, 2020
5:30 PM - 8:00 PM Boys JV/Varsity Basketball vs Lutheran West HS
You will be accessing Naviance Student – a comprehensive website that you can use to plan for college and a career. Naviance Student is linked with Naviance, a service that we use in the guidance office to track and analyze data about college and career plans, so it provides up-to-date information that is specific to our school.
Naviance Student allows you to:
- Get involved in the planning and advising process – Build a resume, complete online surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers
- Research colleges – Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from our school for students who have applied and been admitted in the past
- Research careers – Research hundreds of careers and career clusters, and take career assessments
- Create plans for the future – Create goals and to-dos, and complete tasks assigned to you by the school to better prepare yourself for your future college and career goals
Naviance Student also lets us share information with you about upcoming meetings and events, local scholarship opportunities, and other resources for college and career information. You can also use the site to stay in communication with the counseling office.
Your username and password is your student number from Infinite Campus. Copy and paste the link below to access Naviance Student:
We hope that you will find this resource helpful. If you have questions about Naviance Student, please contact Mrs. Jurick.
Login to Infinite Campus
Download Google Classroom for iPhone or iPad or Android
The Campus Portal mobile app provides a fast and convenient way for parents and students to check grades, assignments, schedule, attendance and daily planner information on their iOS or Android device. The app is available to our parents and students at no cost and can be downloaded directly form the iTunes App Store, Google play store, or amazon app store. (See links provided below).
Kent State Scholarship Website
Each year, Kent State awards more than $62 million in scholarships to admitted freshmen. This year, I am delighted to share some great news!
We know college affordability is an important piece of a student's college search. Students can go online and use a chart that will show them their estimated merit scholarship award for the Kent Campus before they apply for admission. We believe you will find it very helpful as you work with your students. Check it out atwww.kent.edu/scholarships.
Please encourage all students to apply by the scholarship deadline of Feb. 1 at www.kent.edu/applynow. We accept the Common Application and the Kent State application for new freshmen. Scholarship award notifications will be mailed to admitted students on a rolling basis.
Please call the Admissions Office at 330-672-2444 or 1-800-988-5368 if we can assist you in any way or if you have any questions.
Nancy J. DellaVecchia
Executive Director of Admissions
To: College Guidance Representatives==================
Dear College Guidance Professional:
During the fall semester of 2019, Sigma Phi Epsilon will again offer Balanced Man Scholarships (BMS) totaling $2,600 to students at Cleveland State University ... the top scholarship is $1,000.
We are asking for your continued assistance in promoting these CSU scholarship opportunities, by inviting your graduating high school male students to apply.
To be eligible for the Balanced Man Scholarships, a student must meet these criteria:
Qualified students may access our on-line BMS application at: www.csuohio.edu/SigEp
- Must be a male student with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must be registered as a full-time student at Cleveland State University in the 2019 fall semester
- Any CSU major is acceptable
- Applicants must not be affiliated with another fraternity
- Applicants are not required to join Sigma Phi Epsilon
Applicant interviews will be conducted through the summer, to select 10-15 BMS Finalists:
- Application Deadline is August 15, 2019
Attached are (3) items for your use:
- Finalists and their parents will be invited to attend our BMS Banquet in the fall semester
- Scholarships will be awarded at the BMS Banquet: $2,600 total | $1,000 is the top scholarship
Please note: Several years ago, we left red SigEp folders containing scholarship information at most of the high schools we visited. We hope that your office has kept this folder on file, as we plan to offer our scholarships in future school years, and will update the folder information as needed for your school as-neededvia email, regular mail or visits.Thank you for your interest and assistance ... wishing you all the best, as you continue your busy school year!
- Letter to College Guidance Counselors
- Our double-sided tri-fold BMS Brochure - for handing out to students considering Cleveland State
- A BMS Flyer - for posting or hand out
- Please feel free to make copies of these for your students
- Also feel free to add our CSU Balanced Man Scholarship to your website or to Naviance
Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity @ Cleveland State University
Balanced Man Scholarship Co-Chairmen:
Hunter Kiper, Cleveland State '22 Zachary Harris, Cleveland State '21
(843) 957-0445 email@example.com (614) 949-0963 firstname.lastname@example.org
===================Download the forms here:
Lester Marrison Teacher Education Book Grant
This book grant award is presented to a high school senior in Northeast Ohio, whose school district is a member of the Northeast Region of the Ohio School Boards Association (OSBA). The Executive Committee of the Northeast Region sponsors this book grant and is committed to inspiring and encouraging teacher education candidates to serve the youth of Ohio. This group is comprised of elected school board members from Northeast Ohio, who are interested in providing support to high school senior(s) who have demonstrated an interest in teaching and are attending an accredited Ohio college.
The book grant will be awarded annually and the recipient, along with his/her parents, will be guests at the annual Northeast Region Fall Conference, typically held in October. Special recognition will be provided to the district(s), board members, and student(s). The award has been made possible by the donations of board members active in the Northeast Region and from profits of region fundraising activities.
This book grant was named in memory of Lester Marrison, a long time member of the Northeast Region Executive Committee and the OSBA Board of Trustees. Mr. Marrison had a passionate interest in teacher education, and it is in his memory that the Northeast Region continues this award.
- Applicant must be a graduating senior currently enrolled in a school district in the Northeast Region of the Ohio School Boards Association and have plans to major in teacher education at an accredited college or university in the state of Ohio.
- Applicant must have a 3.00 or greater grade point average (GPA).
- Applicant must demonstrate potential as an educational leader and competent professional; must demonstrate community involvement and have evidence of good character.
- Demonstrated financial need will be considered in the selection process.
- Applicants in the Northeast Region of the Ohio School Boards Association will be responsible for forwarding their application and transcript for consideration for the Lester Marrison Teacher Education Book Grant – postmarked by April 15.
- The Northeast Region, OSBA Award Committee will review all book grant applications and will contact the winner for recognition at the annual conference held in October.
Click here to download the Book Grant application.
Any questions should be submitted to rcontipelli@ohioschoolboards.
Applications should be submitted to:
NEOSBA Regional Manager
52 Marko Lane
Brooklyn Heights, OH 44131
Applications must be postmarked by April 15
The 2019 Rita Matteo Memorial Scholarship application is now available as an editable .pdf on the RMMS website -- www.ritamatteo.org . This is a community service based scholarship. If you have any questions about the scholarship, its history, and requirements, please take a moment to check out the website. Your assistance last year helped us garner the largest pool of applicants ever -- 31!!!
We are looking forward to receiving the applications of your best community-minded students and have allocated up to $12,000 to award this year at our annual golf outing and fundraiser on August 4, 2019, at Fowlers Mill golf course. Applications will be picked up on March 14 from your office once you've attached the student's transcript.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at (440) 725-2659.Larry Matteo"Nothing is so contagious as enthusiasm."
SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS FOR ELIGIBILITY: Deadline by First Monday in May 1.
Application must be a current graduate of Fairport Harding High School.
2. Applicant must maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA
3. Complete and attach a 300 word (but not limited) essay. “How did I make a difference in the Fairport Harbor community”? It is important that a majority of the essay speaks about how you made a difference.
Click on link to find out all the details!!!
The Americans of Italian Heritage Charities, Inc. is pleased to announce our scholarship program available to student residents of Lake, Geauga, Cuyahoga, and Ashtabula counties of Ohio. Four scholarships in the amount of $2,000 each will be awarded this year.
The Paula Gavelda Life Scholarship: ($500 annually) will be awarded to a high school
senior who follows their dream by virtue of their love of family and friendship for others, their
kindness and generosity, their true spirit and trueness to self, and their effort to support everyone whose comes into their life, however briefly.
BGSU (teaching science or mathematics)
Incoming freshman fall 2020
Min. GPA 3.0
Recommended min ACT 23
Deadline to apply January 15, 2020
1 $500 scholarship for Fall production and 1 $500 scholarship for Spring production