Information for Parents
Permission Slip Forms
- Walking Field Trip
- Field Trip Permission Slip (Harding)
- Field Trip Permission Slip (McKinley)
- Emergency Medical Authorization Form
- Transportation Change Form (McKinley)
- Harding MS/HS Chromebook Take Home Link to Google Form
- College Visitation Permission Slip & Info
- College Credit Plus (CCP)
- Auburn Career Center
- Lakeland Community College
- Lake Erie College
- International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program
- Community Service Verification Form
- Hooked on Education
- National Honor Society
- Class of 2020 Information
- Student ID Form
- Latchkey Application (McKinley)
- Latchkey Emergency Medical Form
- Latchkey Handbook
- Latchkey Photo Release Form
Weather Related Closures
When emergency conditions such as snow and ice, windstorms or earthquakes result in school schedule changes, the district will notify parents through Infinite Campus Messenger.
In Fairport Harbor, student safety is always our top priority. When our region receives a blast of winter weather it is often accompanied questions about school closing in the event of dangerous conditions. The decision regarding school closures begins early and involves multiple factors:
- Weather and radar reports
- Reports from school and village personnel
- Input and discussions with superintendents from neighboring districts
Parents can always choose to keep their children home if they truly feel there is a weather-related safety risk. These absences will be recorded as excused, with make-up work provided to the student, if the Superintendent designates the day as a Severe Weather Day in the school district. Please do not hesitate to contact the district if you require additional information in this regard.
Sincerely, Domenic Paolo, Ph.D. Superintendent
Dear Parents, I hope that you enjoyed the beautiful weather we had this weekend! This week is Teacher Appreciation week and there are so many reasons to celebrate our teachers!. Over night our team of teachers have created online learning platforms, adjusted their teaching hours, learned new technology, read to students and learned how to "hang out" with their kiddo's in order to continue to support their education.
Happy Star Wars day to all you Skippers out there.I hope you enjoyed the weekend and spent some time outside. It's Teacher Appreciation Week and there has never been a time where we have appreciated our teachers more. They put together remote learning platforms overnight!
(Online Grade System)
Vacation Request Form
In light of the COVID 19 school closure, Fairport Harbor will no longer process work permits at the Board of Education offices.
If you are in need of a work permit, please follow the procedures below.
How can students go about obtaining a work permit under Ohio’s Minor Labor Laws if schools are closed?
According to the Ohio Department of Commerce, if a minor has all necessary paperwork completed and is unable to get the permit processed due to school closure, the completed paperwork may itself stand in the place of the physically printed permit. Employers should keep the paperwork on file, just like they would the permit. The formal permit should be processed as soon as the school is reopened.
As a reminder, hour restrictions outlined in Ohio Revised Code Section 4109 are still in place for any week that was not a pre-planned school holiday (i.e., spring break) and the prohibited/hazardous occupation restrictions are still active.
For questions, call the Division of Industrial Compliance's Bureau of Wage and Hour Administration at 614-644-2239 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fill out completely with all signatures then submit to the High School Office, allow 48 hours for office to complete.
Health Care Information and Forms
- School Nurse and Health Services
- Allergies - What to do if your student has allergies
- Allergy Action Plan
- 2019-20 Ohio Department of Health Immunization Requirements
- Medication Authorization Form
- Asthma Inhaler Form
- Epi-Pen Form
- Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Emergency Care Plan
- Food Allergy Action Plan
- Diabetes Management
- Diabetes Management Plan
- Diabetes Supplies for School
- Seizure Action Plan
- Crisis & Hotline Numbers
Summer Bridge Program
Please download our Fairport Harbor Schools Quality Profile (2018-2019)
Please download our Fairport Harbor Schools Quality Profile (2017-2018).
Please download our Quality Profile (2016-2017)
What is a Quality Profile? The purpose of the Quality Profile is to provide “the rest of the story,” giving the Fairport Harbor community a report on how our schools are performing in the areas that matter most. The Fairport Harbor community believes schools should provide opportunities for students to pursue excellence in many forms. The education we provide goes far beyond what is measured by the Ohio Department of Education standardized tests. The best way to prepare our students for success in college, career, and life is to create opportunities for personalized learning tailored to individual student talents and interests. That is why Fairport students are learning today and leading tomorrow.
Check out our You Tube Channel
- McKinley Elementary - Students may enter for breakfast at 8:05. Students enter the building at 8:20 and school begins (tardy bell) at 8:30 am. Students in preschool and siblings are dismissed at 2:50, Car Riders are dismissed at 2:55, Walking students are dismissed at 3:00 pm
- Harding Middle School / High School - Students may enter for breakfast at 7:45. Students enter the building at 8:10, and school begins at 8:13 am. Students are dismissed at 3:05 pm.
Auburn Career Center/Fairport Harbor Bus Information
School Handbooks/School Policies
- 2020-2021 Harding MS/HS Student & Athletic Handbook
- 2020-2021 McKinley Student Handbook
- Title I Parent Right to Know Letter
- Elementary Lunch Menu
- High School Lunch Menu
- Online School Lunch Account Handout
- 2020-2021 FREE AND REDUCED PRICE SCHOOL MEALS APPLICATION – FHEVS English
- 2020-2021 FREE AND REDUCED PRICE SCHOOL MEALS APPLICATION - FHEVS Spanish
- School Meal Information 19-20 School Year
School Building/Records Requests
- Application of Use of Public School Building
- School Maintenance Request Form
- Public Records Request Form